Well, my fellow Politicos, it has been a long time in blog years-July of this year- since I have posted here at mommapolitico.com, and I extend my heartfelt apologies. The new job has been all-consuming, but it is work for the common good, the work of making young people into smart and productive citizens, and I love it, exhausting as it is. But I could not stand back and let this monumental election go by unnoticed, especially with the extreme effects it will have, for good or for bad, on the middle class and working people. So here I am. Today I just got a terrific bumper sticker from boldprogressives.org , which I promptly put on the car. (This despite the fact that The Hubby says I am one bumper sticker away from a ticket for lack of visibility!) You all know how I love small-d democracy, and it’s a mere 3 days from the national election, and our Little Man’s birthday, so there’s a celebratory tone here in the Politico household. I believe the sentiment expressed on the Bold Progressives bumper sticker with all of my being. And if we can get out the vote, I truly believe we will have a groundswell of support for not only the President, but for the so-called “down-ticket” races. And that matters. Because a Democratic Congress could make for a real recovery for this country, in actions and not simply in words. Over the last six months, I’ve been listening to lots of people, too: friends and colleagues, people in the grocery store line and at the bank and post office. Folks who have been struggling and trying to get back to some sense of normalcy are grateful as the economy improves, people get back to work after tough times, the housing market improves, Obamacare provisions begin to kick in, our family and friends come home from wars in the Middle East, and they see the quality of their lives improve in so many ways. Our President has become a strong Commander-in-Chief, a leader in times of crisis (such as the flooding and damage wreaked by Sandy). My Republican friends tell me that they can’t, in good conscience, vote for Mr. Romney, for a myriad of reasons. And that is encouraging news for the upcoming election. Despite all the momentum I see, there has been a strong, deliberate and disturbing movement going on over the past four years by the Rethugs. I have told everyone that would listen that if the President loses this election, it will be for one reason and one reason only: the GOPs voter suppression efforts. Over the past four years, side-by-side with personhood amendments and all the other...
Posts Tagged "oligarchy"
I refuse to cave to a minivan. I am still a tomboy - comfortable in Levi's, my Yankees cap and Converse. And I always have a political opinion...hell, I always have an opinion, period. The hubby, my kids and my friends think I should run for office. Maybe one day. But for now, Momma Politico blogs. Peruse, enjoy, and know that our busy lives are as significant as those in The Washington Post. Cheers, Heidi Haines AKA Perry MacNeil Momma Politico
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Video Overnight Thread- Did the Three Little Pigs Get a Fair Trial? (thepoliticalcarnival.net)
- It's simple math... (bloggingblue.com)
- Ron Paul: Dumber by the Day (bloggingblue.com)
- Cartoon of the Day- Breitbart in Heaven (thepoliticalcarnival.net)
- Quickie: Lawmakers are secretly working on grand-bargain deficit deal (thepoliticalcarnival.net)
- By Limbaugh's definition, all Fox News Female employees are Sluts (they're covered for contraceptives) (freakoutnation.com)
- We Are Wisconsin opens Waukesha office to assist with recall effort (bloggingblue.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Loses Another one: ProFlowers Backs off Advertising on the misogynist's show (freakoutnation.com)
- Israel's Assassins And Tehran's Killers (pubrecord.org)
- President Obama Reverses Controversial 'Indefinite Detention' section of NDAA (freakoutnation.com)