Well, my fellow Politicos, if you are any sort of follower of my blog, in either of its incantations, you’ll know that I’ve always been a huge supporter of the lovely and brilliant Rachel Maddow. Wickedly smart, Our Gal Rachel brings into our home every evening the stories that I follow here and elsewhere in the blogosphere. While TRMS isn’t the only place I get my news, it is usually the place I start, and the excellent Maddow Blog is a great place to check at lunch to check out the latest developments. She’s smart, funny, gets the big picture and covers the news that matters in a smart and understandable way. She never dumbs down the stories of the day; Rachel and her team expect that we’ll keep up and “get it.” And we do. But never did I imagine, living in my little burg here in Southern Cal, that I’d get the opportunity to ever meet Rachel in person, let alone twice, or get the chance to tell her about my show. I’ve always said she’d be my top “get,” and on Tuesday and Wednesday, I got the chance to speak with her briefly. You know how genuine, how humble and how generous of spirit she seems with her guests on TRMS? Well, she’s exactly the same way, toward everyone, when you meet her. So, my story. That’s why you’re here, right? Okay. About two months ago, I got wind of the fact that Rachel would be doing a stop on her book tour at Barnes & Noble at The Grove, an L.A. mall not horribly far from my town. Immediately, I checked the calendar, and, miracle of miracles, it was during Spring Break. (Ah, the perks of a career in education!) So I was thrilled – I could go and get a copy of Rachel’s new book, Drift, and maybe get an autograph and a handshake. Awesome. Then I came across a Writer’s Bloc event scheduled for the next day at the Saban Theatre in L.A., billed as “A Conversation with Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow.” Y’know, I’ve been to the filming of Real Time with Bill Maher a couple of times, which is always a blast. But the last time The Hubby and I went with friends, when Rachel was on the show, I came out saying, “Damn, I could listen to the two of them talk for another two hours!” Needless to say, I snapped up a pair of tickets online, marked the date in my iPhone, and told The Hubby we had a date. Yes, those were my entirely nerdy/geeky/wonky plans for Spring Break, and I couldn’t have been happier. The date of the show...
Posts Tagged "TRMS"
I refuse to cave to a minivan. I am still a tomboy - comfortable in Levi's, my Yankees cap and Converse. And I always have a political opinion...hell, I always have an opinion, period. The hubby, my kids and my friends think I should run for office. Maybe one day. But for now, Momma Politico blogs. Peruse, enjoy, and know that our busy lives are as significant as those in The Washington Post. Cheers, Heidi Haines AKA Perry MacNeil Momma Politico
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Video Overnight Thread- Did the Three Little Pigs Get a Fair Trial? (thepoliticalcarnival.net)
- It's simple math... (bloggingblue.com)
- Ron Paul: Dumber by the Day (bloggingblue.com)
- Cartoon of the Day- Breitbart in Heaven (thepoliticalcarnival.net)
- Quickie: Lawmakers are secretly working on grand-bargain deficit deal (thepoliticalcarnival.net)
- By Limbaugh's definition, all Fox News Female employees are Sluts (they're covered for contraceptives) (freakoutnation.com)
- We Are Wisconsin opens Waukesha office to assist with recall effort (bloggingblue.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Loses Another one: ProFlowers Backs off Advertising on the misogynist's show (freakoutnation.com)
- Israel's Assassins And Tehran's Killers (pubrecord.org)
- President Obama Reverses Controversial 'Indefinite Detention' section of NDAA (freakoutnation.com)